CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Party & Soy

This sounds horrible, but I don't remember if Crawford had a Valentine's day party last year or not. It could have been that I had just quit a job I loved, started working again full-time & was very sad about it, or the fact that I was sick 24/7 from my pregnancy. Either way, I don't remember which is part of why I'm doing this blog again...so I have it when my memory fails me. Well Crawford is having a party this year at his "new school", which is what he still calls, even though he's been there since August. I'm not sure when the "new" will wear off. Since Crawford is having a party I am making him some soy free cupcakes. This really just means I will be making everything from scratch. That also means it usually tastes better! We have had to change so many things since finding out Crawford is allergic to soy. This has been a good thing for our family however. It also makes me feel so much better knowing that Crawford feels better. He doesn't complain like he used to of his stomach hurting. He has also learned to ask if things have soy and then and he knows that if he does eat something with soy it will make his tummy hurt. His Valentine's Day party was really the first time I felt like a mom of a kid with an allergy. I had to make him special snacks as well as special cupcakes for the party so he wouldn't feel left out. He doesn't seem to notice or if he does he doesn't care that he can't have all the other foods. I think feeling better is good enough for him!
The first picture is the homemade frosting I made. It's my Mamaw Dollie's recipe And it's a family favorite!
The last picture is Crawford opening his valentines with friends. I didn't get to go to the party because I was sick so that is the only picture Nathan sent me!



No comments:

Post a Comment