CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kiddie Acres

Here is my attempt of staying on top of the blogging!! We went today to Kiddie Acres with the play group from Lake Travis daycare. Since all the kids' parents are teachers we all have the summer off. It was a lot of fun, but I think bubby might have been a little tired. He woke up at 8, which is not like him! I guess he was making up for sleeping in until 10 yesterday. He definitely has figured out this summer vacation thing, which I am so thankful for. :) The first ride for Crawford was the little train. He is riding with miss Marisa's little boy. Sometimes I think Crawford is so big and then I see him next to an adorable 3 year old!!


Then it was on to the boats. These weren't as much of a hit, but I still think he enjoyed it.


Next we rode the train that went around the park. It even had a whistle, that Crawford was a little unsure about. This ride didn't have belts for the kids so he had to sit in my lap, which he wasn't too fond of.


This next one was not my favorite or Crawford's!! I knew my inner ear was bad, but it was confirmed on the carousel. I told Nathan it went really fast, and then I had to rethink my words. I'm sure to most people it was "normal" for a kiddie carousel!! He really didn't want to be sitting on the horse, which I didn't force because we were both ready to get off. I had to pick a spot and stare at it to not lose my breakfast. Wuss I know! The picture looks like I'm saying "um, not you're not getting off and you better smile like you are enjoying it". I promise I didn't torture him. :)


We also rode the ferris wheel, which was fun. He liked looking out the cage, but wanted to be standing up, which they told us not to do. Not an easy task to keep this little one down!!


Last, but definitely not least was the pony ride. When we walked up Crawford got excited and started pointing at the horse and doing his little "uh-uh". He got right on and tried "petting" the pony. He did really well the first couple times around and then got a little fussy. Nathan's comment to this picture was "good job keeping your head down, now reach forward and turn them toes out!" The coaching has already started and he just turned 1!! :)


All in all it was a great morning! We got home, Crawford ate and then took a 3 hour nap. Sounds like the perfect day with my favorite little boy!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Adelyn and I will have to plan a trip there. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete